Personalized Learning - It's what students deserve.
Personalizing learning places the whole child at the center of instruction. It is informed by strong educator/student/family/community relationships to provide equity and choice in time, path, pace, and demonstration of learning.
Personalized learning is instruction tailored to each student based on the student’s strengths, needs and interests. Through a personalized learning approach, teachers are better able to:
- Understand each student’s personal and academic background, strengths and needs.
- Help each student develop ownership of their learning.
- Provide students targeted instruction, practice and support in areas where they are struggling.
- Help students communicate effectively.
- Help students learn how to learn.
- Students will have the choice to learn in the time they need, at the pace they need, in the setting in which they learn best and on a path that matches their interests and passions.
Personalized learning provides opportunities for increased interaction with teachers and peers and encourages higher levels of student engagement. The ultimate goal is to ensure each student is adequately prepared with the knowledge and skills they need for college or career.