The KSDE method and final guidelines that include student growth as a significant factor in its teacher and principal evaluation and support systems are as follows:
- LEAs may select an evaluation system of choice for the instructional practice component--such as the Kansas default model (KEEP), commercial vendor based, or an LEA locally developed evaluation system, provided each district submits the annual Kansas D2 Assurances form stating how they will meet the six guidelines stipulated in the Kansas Flexibility Waiver.
- All Kansas LEAs will determine an overall Summative Evaluation Rating per evaluated educator regardless of the evaluation system chosen by a district.
- A Summary Rating for Student Growth Measures will be determined by using three approved student growth measures. One growth measure, as described on the Summary Rating Matrix, must be a Kansas State Assessment for those teachers of tested grades and subjects.
- A teacher/principal must meet two of three growth measures in order to receive a Summary Rating of Effective.
- KSDE will define for the state what it means to meet growth on Kansas State Assessments.
- A Summary Rating for Educator Instructional Practice will be determined by using the vetted rubrics for any evaluation system chosen by a district.
- A Summary Rating for Student Growth and a Summary Rating for Educator Instructional Practice will equal the overall Summative Evaluation Rating. School districts decide upon substantial weightings that are describable and defensible for Summary Rating #1 and #2 to complete the Summative Evaluation Rating.