The purpose of this track is to help the person responsible for entering early childhood data into Foundations for School Success and its relationship to the KIDS Collection System for obtaining State Student IDs. The focus of the track is on enabling you to help create a culture of data quality through effective data entry and review practices. You will work with experienced IT trainers and other staff members from across the State who also work with and enter data in Foundations. This track features a hands-on, practical approach to learning more about the Foundations for School Success application.
This track is designed for staff members who enter data into Foundations for School Success, including Parents as Teachers (PAT) Coordinators, Secretaries/Administrative Assistants, or any employee who works directly with the Foundations for School Success application.
Sample Certification Exercises
- Review Foundations for School Success vocabulary terms
- Understand the relationship between Foundations and the State’s KIDS System
- Increase understanding of the Foundations data elements
- Troubleshoot and resolve data errors that may occur in Foundations
- Use help resources
- Increase awareness of the importance of data accuracy in early childhood reporting
- Develop specific strategies for improving data accuracy
- Become more timely in entering data
- Utilize the tools (reports) available in Foundations to analyze data
- Complete a vocabulary matching exercise to learn acronyms and terminology
- Complete a scavenger hunt to better understand all of the Foundations data elements
- Complete an exercise to learn how use reports to improve accuracy and avoid errors
To earn your certification, you will complete an interactive training simulation to demonstrate your skills and knowledge.
When you register, you will select one of the following training dates/locations:
- 2/19/2014 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM in Haysville, The Learning Center
- 2/20/2014 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM in Garden City, Garden City Public Schools Central Office
- 2/27/2014 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM in Salina, Hageman Education Center
- 2/28/2014 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM in Hays, Rockwell Administration Center
- 3/7/2014 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM in Kansas City, Central Office & Training Center
- 3/11/2014 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM in Topeka, DCF Learning Center