Online Calculator Resources

As a follow-up to the KSDE PreConference 

I wanted to share with everyone some free resources with the TI 84 online graphing calculator and the TI-30XS that I recently received from a TI representative. Basically they offer a free 90 day trial that you can download onto computers as well as videos to help explain the functions built into the calculator.

It is important to note that according to the rep they do not have the free trial available for tablets. Additionally, this free trial will only work once on any one devise. If a district would like to have the calculator available year round for their students they will need to contact TI to determine pricing options for their district.

If you go to http://education.ti.com/en/us/purchase/purchase_dealer you will see a list of dealers that the district can call and discuss pricing options with.

Free resources to support TI-84 ExamCalc:
Link to TI-84 SmartView 90 day trial offer
http://education.ti.com/en/us/products/computer_software/ti-smartview-software/ti-smartview-emulator-software-for-the-ti-84-plus-family/tabs/overview

Link to TI-84 videos for online exams
http://education.ti.com/en/us/ti-84-plus-for-online-exams

Free resources to support TI-30XS:
90-day trial version of the TI-SmartView for TI-30XS
http://education.ti.com/go/43

2015 Mathematics Assessment Documents and Resources
 TitleDescription
2015 Accommodations Manual  
2015 Kansas State Assessment Examiner’s Manual 2014-2015 Examiner's Manual - COMING SOON!
2015 Math Allowable Manipulatives UPDATED 10/12/14. Sample list of allowable manipulatives on the math state assessment.
2015 Math Fact SheetCOMING SOON!
2015 Math Manipulative Rubric for State AssessmentUPDATED 9-17-14 Guide to help determine the appropriateness of a manipulative on the Math State Assessment.
2015 Testing Overview Document 
A Model for Constructing Classroom AssessmentsNCTM article around assessment construction.
Practice Tests in KITENew practice tests are available at the elementary, middle, and high school levels. These tests feature all available types of technology-enhanced items.
Technology Enhanced Items DescriptionDocument introduces educators, parents, students, and other interested stakeholders to the types of technology-enhanced items that students are likely to see on the assessments this spring.
The Kansas Assessment Program (KAP) Documents for Assessment by CETEIf you are looking for information on KITE, CETE has placed some very informative documents on their website such as: Login information, admin a test, student records, ipad instructions,student guide,& personal Needs Profile(PNP)Tutorial(Video).
2014-2015 Assessment Details
Below you will find a bulleted list of details broken down by grade band for the 2014-2015 Kansas State Mathematics Assessment. Click on the grade band to see details.

Calculator Policy For 2014-2015

• 3-5 grades no calculator allowed
  • 6-7 grades will have a basic four function calculator and a scientific calculator (TI-30X IIS) available to them through KITE
  • 8th grade will have a basic four function calculator and a graphing calculator (TI 84) available to them through KITE
  • 10th grade will have a basic four function calculator and a graphing calculator (TI 84) available to them through KITE
  • New graphing calculators will not be available for students to practice with until Spring 2015  
Assessments Q&A
Hello math educators! I have been receiving countless emails with questions around the KITE system and thought I would throw together a sort of Q&A email to hopefully help clarify a few items. First let me start by informing you that CETE serves many states across the country with KITE and therefore many of the resources they have available are general in nature. They are in the process of creating a section on their website which we help clarify procedures for Kansas. In the meantime I will try and help sort through the process. I might also add CETE is currently working on the 2014 Examiners Manual which will be the best resource for Kansas schools to reference. Once this document is available to the field I will notify everyone via the listserv as well as the math website. Click on the question for the answer.
CETE Formatives

CETE Formative Assessment Tools for Math
Educators and students can access an item bank populated with sample items that align with individual standards within the Kansas College and Career Ready Standards (KCCRS). Each grade level has items grouped by topical area. Educators can use these grouped items to gauge their students’ understanding of a particular concept. The KITE™ Educator Portal allows educators to access sample items, create test sessions, and enroll students in a test session. Students can then use the KITE Client to practice taking assessments.

Are there tools available for all of the content to be assessed on the transitional assessment?
No. These tools do not encompass the entirety of the content to be assessed on the transitional summative assessment.

How were these tools generated?
These tests were assembled from previously field-tested items, written to address content on the standard level, which is a narrower focus than that of the cluster-based transitional assessment.

What types of items are on the formative tools?
The tests include standard four-option multiple choice items with one correct response. Multiple-select multiple-choice, technology-enhanced types, and text entry are not included.

How can students prepare for item types other than standard multiple-choice?
Practice tests will soon be released so that students will have the opportunity to practice how to answer these item types before test day.  These practice tests are only a sampling of item types and are not concept-focused like the formative tools.  Additionally, content of the practice items is not aligned to the KCCRS.

Where can I find more information about formative assessment tools?

For further information about Formative Assessment Tools, please visit:
http://ksassessments.org/FormativeAssessmentTools

Contact Information

Melissa Fast  
Math and Assessment Program Consultant   
mfast@ksde.org   
785-296-3486   
Copyright 2012 by KSDE   |  Privacy Statement  |  Terms Of Use  |  System Maintenance Notices