Fantastic professional development opportunity for math educators and administrators in Kansas! KSDE will be hosting four regional training events for Mathematics this school year.
These events will:
· Be full day trainings beginning at 8:00am and concluding by 4:00pm
· Have the same sessions so find the date that best fits your schedule
· Have sessions for administrators, elementary teachers/coaches, and MS/HS teachers/coaches
Locations have been set for the trainings:
· October 4, 2016 – University of Saint Mary’s, Leavenworth
· November 1, 2016 – USD 443, Dodge City
· February 6, 2017 – USD 259, Wichita
· February 27, 2017 – Greenbush Service Center, Girard
Topics that will be covered are:
· Administrator: Math look fors in the classroom, Parenting communications, and Rethinking acceleration in middle/high school
· Elementary: Number sense, Common Situations (addition/subtraction & multiplication/division), and Fraction number sense
· MS/HS: Geometry and Functions
Registration Information Coming Soon!